Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

How do i get wifi on my toshiba lap top

Hi my name is ***** ***** do i get wifi on my toshiba lap top
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Can you please let me know what exactly you are trying to do? Do you want to switch from LAN to WIFI on your laptop that you are currently using?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just changed my password ***** route at home but now cant get wifi on my toshiba lap top !! Were is the settings on lap top or how can i get my wifi back

OK, I understand Stephen. Can you please let me know which Windows version you are using? Is your laptop currently connected via cable or do you write from another computer at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im writeing on my iphone at the mo !! Window 8 i think ?? How can i tell ?

You can press Windows Key + Pause Key on your laptop, this should bring up a window which tells you the Windows version. Can you possibly connect the laptop via cable to your router for now? Then I could do a remote-access to your computer and troubleshoot the problem for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ... I think window 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im in pc settings do i refresh your pc without affecting files or thing else ??

How do you mean "refresh"? What I meant was, can you connect the laptop via lan-cable to your router? Then I can log into it and show you how to setup the WIFI again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know how to do that

No problem, I have found a good tutorial for you that might be better then when I explain it in text here, since it includes pictures. Can you please try it out and see if you can connect to your WIFI again?:

https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Connecting-Windows-8-to-a-Wireless-Network

If it doesn't work, please just reply again and I will help you further on to fix your problem. That involves no additional costs for you, you can reply as often as you want until I was able to solve your problem to your satisfaction. If I already was able to help you, I would very happy about a positive rating (select 3 to 5 stars at the right top and click "submit"), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer with a part of your already accomplished payment, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sooooooooo much life saver m8

Great to hear, can you please give me a 3 to 5 stars rating now too (chose them at the upper right part of the screen and press "submit")? That would save my life for today too:) Because otherwise, JustAnswer won´t pay me for my work on your question. Thank you so much,

Lorenz Vauck

Are you still there Stephen? I would really appreciate a positive rating from you please :)

Dear *****,

thank you for the kind rating, which made me very happy! If you have any questions in the future and would like to work with me again, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck