Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Acer Aspire M3970 will not boot up even using the recovery

Customer Question

Acer Aspire M3970 will not boot up even using the recovery discs made up when first bought.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Can you please let me know what those 3 options are?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The 3 options were either to completely wipe the hard drive and reload from the recovery discs, or to or a partial wipe leaving the boot files etc intact and the third option was to reload only those parts that were affected. I tried asking for all 3 options one after the other, but a message was saying insufficient space on the hard drive. Should I go and out the computer in the bin and buy a new one???

Thanks for your reply, you can alternatively throw it out of the window and make a video that you upload to youtube afterwards, that will give a better effect:)

But seriously: can you let me know why you are going to recovery anyway? Did the system just crash out of sudden? To me this sounds like the hard disk might be damaged. "Not enough space" can also simply mean that it can´t access the hard disk at all, which also might explain the possibly crash you had and why you are in this situation right now...

Please let me know. And by the way, if you are happy with my work so far, I would be very happy if you could submit a 3 to 5 stars rating for me at the right corner of the screen (press submit after selecting the stars). I will be here to assist you afterwards as well!

Lorenz Vauck

Are you still there Peter and can you let me know about the requested informations above?

If you don´t require my help anymore, please make sure to give me a rating for my work between 3 to 5 stars.

Thanks so much and have a great weekend,

Lorenz Vauck

Hello dear *****,

I hope you had a nice weekend and I see that you have read my reply again by the 9.10. at 10:26, but I haven´t heard back from you yet. Can you please let me know how to go on with your question? Can I still help, then please let just reply. If not, please close the question by giving a rating between 3 to 5 stars (select them at the the right top and press "submit").

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have now bought a new Acer Aspire. Thanks anyway.

.

.

.

Hi Peter,

congratulations on the new Aspire, I own one too and bet you will have a lot of fun with it!:) They are real work horses in their latest versions!

If you have been happy with my work, I would be very thankful if you could submit a 3 to 5 stars rating for me at the right corner of the screen (press submit after selecting the stars). I will be here to assist you afterwards as well, should there be any problem with your new Aspire.

Thank you very much and all the best to you,

Lorenz Vauck