JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

I am using Chrome on a Win7 Pro laptop. I am suffering from

I am using Chrome on a Win7 Pro laptop. I am suffering from annoying pop-up ads. Is there software I can use to eliminate the pop-ups when I choose?

I've used some software before, which achieve this, but it also interfered with 'legitimate' pop-ups (not ads) on websites, and was not easy to toggle off.

I've also switched-off pop-ups in advanced settings in Chrome, but this is not working.

Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately the ads now are so sophisticated there isnt any real software which lets you pick and chose which pop ups to see, the best plugin for Chrome I have seen in use is AdBlock here, which lets you white list sites you know you want to see pop ups from.

This is probably your best option, and comes highly rated by users looking at the feedback

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** works, and has eliminated the worst pop-ups but a bar now appears continuously, with Twitter / LinkedIn / Facebook / Email buttons showing when I scroll.

Have you any experience of AdMuncher?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I havent come across ad muncher, but talking to a colleague he seemed to think it wasnt as good as when it was a paid for service a few years ago.