Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

We have a facebook page with We wish to close it down but we

Customer Question

We have a facebook page with***@******.*** We wish to close it down but we have lost the password We have tried various methods without success
Can you advise
James
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Jame are you sure***@******.*** is the email address you used to open that facebook page?

Do you still have access to that***@******.*** email account?

Thank You.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello John
The facebook page I refer to is the old one established before we took over the before we took over the business We have no access to the e mail address and we want the old facebook page removed The person who originally set it up is sadly dead
We have our own new facebook page which doesn't appear so readily as the old one does Clearly we want the old one removedJames
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the details

Is***@******.*** email account that is linked to the old Facebook page you want to close?

What happens when you try to open the new Facebook pages you created ?

John

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is right When you get on it the new facebook is fine. New users of our facebook are fine but old users find the old face book coming up The last details on the old facebook were posted in 2013James
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

OK if you do not have access to the***@******.*** have you tried resetting the password ***** that email account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have but it refuses to accept it is a valid e mail addess
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Just to clarify you have access to the email***@******.*** which is linked to the old Facebook page you want to remove but when you try to reset the password ***** that Facebook using***@******.*** Facebook is not recognizing that Hotmail account am i correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have neither access to the mail address nor the facebook
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Without access to the hotmail that is linked to the old email its difficult to access or close the old facebook page.Have you tried resetting the***@******.*** using this link

: - https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
many times it always says that the e mail address is wrong
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

It seems that account got closed due to inactivity.Without access to that email account it difficult to close that Facebook.

I will open this question to other experts to see if they have any other ideas.

Sincerely,

John

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you would think there would be a way of removing 'dead' accounts
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can wait a few days thank you
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi James,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

The only option available to you is to report the Facebook page as impersonating you or your brand.
i.e. if someone has created a page pretending to be you or your organization, you can report the page to Facebook and have it removed.
To do this, open the page and Click the "..." button. You'll find this in the bottom-right corner of the cover picture. A small menu will appear. Select "Report Page." This will open a new window that allows you to report the page. Then select the reason that best matches your complaint - as the page is impersonating you or your business/organization, select "I think it's an unauthorized use of my intellectual property" and submit the report.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello peteI'll try that. I am assuming I enter our own one and do the necessary.I'll try that soonMany thanksJames
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Yes, that is correct.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've done that. I assume it will disappear from my facebook. But the page will still exist, only it will not appear on mine
If someone types in print copy centre dumfries the old one might still appear?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Once Facebook receive the report, they will take action and attempt to contact the people who originally set up the page. When they cannot establish contact with the old Hotmail account they will remove the Facebook page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Hope it disappears soon
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need anything else at all,

Pete.