Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

ACER XC-705 PC, with Acer S240HL monitor. HP C5180 all in

Customer Question

ACER XC-705 PC, with Acer S240HL monitor. HP C5180 all in one printer. Windows 10.
No problems with set up until the other day when I printed off a picture on glossy 6x4 paper. The picture looked fine on screen, but when printed there was a definite red enhancement, skin tones showed as very pink !
Checked printer properties to find a generic driver installed, so went to HP site and downloaded the driver for windows 10.
Printed another copy, same problem !!
Any suggestions please ?
Cheers
Derek
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

To me this sounds like a problem with a cartridge that might have been running out of ink, have you checked that already or did it really start to happen right away after the new driver was installed?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure, but I think I replaced the cartridge prior to printing off the picture. It was a few weeks ago I had the problem, and just got around to trying to resolve it. My nephew suggested today ensuring the HP driver was installed, but it wasn't it was a Generic one, so I downloaded and installed the HP driver for windows 10. He also said check the monitor driver. I did that and was surprised to find that it only had the model number installed, not the manufacturer. I bought both the Acer Aspire XC-705 and the Acer S240HL from PC world as a package.

I am rather suspecting a problem with a ink cartridge than a driver problem, especially since the results are exactly same with both, the generic and the HP driver. Also, the monitor would be to be completely off with it´s colour management for you to see such heavy differences - and they are heavy, right? Have you checked the ink cartridges yet and made sure that they all have ink left in them? Also, have you removed the little tape at the top of each ink cartridge where the cartridge get´s it´s air from? Because otherwise the ink can flow out of the cartridge. Please let me know.

If you want, I can also login to your PC directly and to the cleaning with you, but first please check about the other steps with the cartridges, as I can´t do that remotely for you of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never removed a piece of tape on any refill, the two holes line up and are perforated ! All inks are more than 50% full, just checked status, and also opened covers, removed each cartridge and shaken.

OK, thank you. In this case, if you want, I can take a look directly at your PC, so we can exclude it is coming from the PC actually. I am making you an offer for this little extra service and upon acceptance (if you are interested), I will tell you the instructions on how to start the connection (very easy). Thank you again.

.

.

Are you still there Derek? How should we go on? I am available to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I responded a few times via Email ! I got a tad concerned having paid £35 deposit, then asked for another £22. What happens if I get another page asking for more money !! I just asked for some sort of assurance that won't happen. Also, I have heard horror stories about giving remote control to an unknown party. Again - can you give some assurances please. Without some assurance I am considering getting my deposit back and getting somebody local in to have a go at it !!Cheers,Derek

.

Hi Derek,

you haven´t responded to me since the 9. October and no, I cannot give you any guarantee that I will be able to fix it remotely, how should I able to guarantee this, given our conversation above? I offered you to have a look at your PC to exclude it´s a windows problem, but if it ain´t one, then the problem will not be fixed of course. That´s all I can for you remotely, but maybe another expert has a better solution for you. Should I open up your question for all experts again? Just let me know.

Cheers,

Lorenz