Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Steve is a consultant in the areas of computer software and programming, information management and networking.
47680681

I bought an Acer Aspire T3-710 last week but it only had 2

Customer Question

I bought an Acer Aspire T3-710 last week but it only had 2 SATA ports
- I wanted to add another hard drive so I bought a PCIe card to give me another SATA port
- is the only available PCIe extension slot on the motherboard automatically enabled
- and if I add the correct PCIe SATA card with an additional SATA port will it work and be recognised
- bought an A-331 SATA pci card from ST Labs (2 x ext eSATA & 2 x int SATA) but when I tried to install the drivers dated 2012 I get the following warning.
“Sorry, 4 channel SATA II PCI-E 4x Controller does not support this system.”
The PCIe card is not recognised in Device Manager or the BIOS.
Operating system is windows 10.
Can you please help or advise?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, my name is***** hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you bought the wrong card. Windows 10 is not listed as a supported operating system for this particular card (which is now discontinued by the manufacturer), and I don't think there are any drivers for Windows 10. The operating systems it supports are: Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/Server 2008/7/Server 2008 R2/8/Server 2012/8.1/Server 2012 R2 32/64 bit.

It looks like the IOCrest cards support Windows 10 and might be in the same price range, and the reviews are pretty good on Amazon. The 2-port card is $17.89. Have a look here. A recent review said the reviewer had no problems installing on Windows 10.

https://www.amazon.com/IO-Crest-Port-PCI-Express-SY-PEX40039/dp/B005B0A6ZS?th=1

If I've helped you solve your issue, can you please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars? I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you accept my answer. If I haven't, please chat me back and I'll get you the answers you need. Thanks and have a great day!