Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a mid level gaming HP gaming pc that is operating on

Hi, I have a mid level gaming HP gaming pc that is operating on win 10. I have just installed new hardware (a RAdeon RX470) graphics card and all I get after the load up is a grey screen with a cursor or a list of things that avg has done. I can't even load the cd with the drivers in because I can't see anything. Please help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Mark,

Can you start the PC in Safe Mode?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I press escape on startup up I have the startup menu. This has various options but not safe mode...This is a blue box with various Function button options
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello ?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Ok, checking available options...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

You will need to remove the new Radeon graphics card and let it boot up from the Generic built-in graphics processor, then install the Radeon drivers first before powering off and fitting the new graphics card again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
60;sigh> They say nothing of this in the info they give you worse than that it took ages to do it too. I'll just take the power off as I can't put the old card back as it is broken. So the pc has it's own video card or capabilty ?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

It will depend on the PC but the majority of them do have a graphics processor built into the motherboard.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks i'll try that