Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Somehow I have deleted what is in the IMAP path prefix box

Customer Question

Somehow I have deleted what is in the IMAP path prefix box in my mail preferences and I'm now not sending or receiving mail from my Hotmail account. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Is your hotmail email address currently working at the hotmail.com website? (If yes, all your emails should be there.)

If you leave the prefix blank, does it work?

Have you tried to delete the hotmail account, then re-add it back, and check?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have deleted and re-entered my Hotmail account and things seem to be happening now but when I am in Mail at bottom left there is always something downloading. There appears to be a POP account with 10,000 deleted emails in which is permanently downloading and as I have a limited data internet I'm afraid it's costing a fortune constantly downloading emails. I'd like Mail to be efficient and not have things like POP which I don't need. Can you help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now all my emails are going straight into junk - it seems a bit of a mess!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting for remote tech support - is anybody there!?

I'm sorry. I was waiting for you previously, but you were not there, so I went offline. I'm back here now.

Do you see POP or IMAP when you go to Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts for your hotmail account in the Mail application?

On your computer, please click on the website below to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=62aa467f-2eeb-4567-8a75-d1e1e11b7b79&Type=Java
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted. Thank you,

Test sending email. Thank you,

Test sending email again. Thank you,

Test sending.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. Also, per your request, please click on the Apple website below for instructions on how to move your iTunes library from the old computer to the new computer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204318

; (Note: Your new computer already has the latest iTunes program, so there is no need to install / update it.)

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.