John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Office 2016 as stopped working. i have tried to repair it

Office 2016 as stopped working. i have tried to repair it but it tells me that two versions of office are on the computer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Which version of windows are you using (Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10)?

Did you purchase this office 2016 online?

Sincerely,

John

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Note: - Please reply using the box below

Sincerely,

John

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10
Yes
I am not at the machine that as the problem. The machine is located at my church and i can be there in the morning for you to to do a remote assist.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am in a different time zone so could you please let me know the current time and the time you will be available at church so that i can see if i can make it on that time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10
Yes
I am not at the machine that as the problem. The machine is located at my church and i can be there in the morning for you to to do a remote assist. I am in the UK GMT time zone it is now 15:36 say 14:00 hrs tomorow Thursday
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am in the UK GMT time zone it is now 15:36 say 14:00 hrs tomorow Thursday
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

I am 4 to 5 hrs ahead of you so i will try to be online at that time,if not i will open this to other experts.

Please post a reply when you are ready to continue tomorrow.

John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=280f4f04-92ec-4668-ba14-7cdb4991a271 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi John I am now in front of the affected computer. i do have Teamviewer on this computer.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We can use our official remote support tool which i provided above.Please use that and follow the instructions.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Connected and working on the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
John
I followed your instructions and re-loaded win 10, it rebooted but did not re-start, after about 10 minutes with no hard drive action i switched it off and the on but it still would not boot up. i then came home and sent you this message. Please advise what to do next.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

That is strange. Are you sure you selected to remove your files,apps and settings not wipe out the entire hard drive which takes a long time?

Let me know the make,full model and serial of the computer and will see if there is another option to do system recovery.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

When you say it will not boot does it show windows 10 loading screen also try rebooting 2 or 3 times and see if there in any change.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

I have to go now so please try the above also let me know the status and if there is no change then let me know the make,full model and serial of the computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I selected file's and apps and I took about 20 minutes, it does nothing the screen remains blank when switched on. The PC is a ASUS K31BF A8 I will have to get serial number tomorrow. I can be at church tomorrow at 14:00 hrs if that is OK with you. Please let me know.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the details and i apologize for the delay in getting back to you.Please check the image below and see if that the option you selected before the reset process started.

The model you provided is enough to the details of that specific system.I will be online at that time like yesterday.If you can chat with me from the church while in front of the Asus desktop we can try recovery.Let me know

Sincerely,

John

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

If somehow we cannot communicate when you are at church then please try the recovery method suggested in this link : - http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012002/

I believe Asus system was actually loaded with window 8 and the tech in the shop where you purchased upgraded it to windows 10 because till July 29 there was a free upgrade offer.If it came pre-installed from manufacturer with windows 10 then its the same instruction too.
Please try the above recovery option using F9 key. You need to press F9 key repeatedly when you see the Asus start up logo which shows immediately after you turn on the computer.Check the images in the link i gave to do the reset/recovery process from the start up.
Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have just returned from church I disconnected the HDMI lead and win 10 as now reloaded. I think there must have been a conflict between the two screens. I have still to reload office 2016 and reinstall all our files.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Glad to know that.I believe may be there was a conflict with the display driver that caused the issue.Did you connect both displays after you installed windows 10?

Follow the instructions and link in the notepad and you will be able to install office 2016.

Let me know the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will when i return to church, by the way on the photo you sent it had three options both the PC at church and my home PC only have two both running win 10 :- 1) Keep my files 2) Remove everything.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

You mean like in this image if so select remove everything.Some there is another option to wipe out everything which will remove all and the system wont boot and it will take a long time to complete that process.This is done when you want to give the PC to other so that the data is remove permanently.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
John
Everything back to normal, thanks for your help and my God bless you in all that he as for you to do.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Very glad to know that and thank you very much for updating the status.

God Blessed you too. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John