Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have recently changed from vista to windows 10 with

Customer Question

I have recently changed from vista to windows 10 with windows live email a/c. I cannot get my original email addresses and contacts back furthermore I cannot get to windows live storage for my address. ???
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there Gordon and welcome

First, did you actually switch computers so you are now on a new computer when switching to windows 10?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My previous computer with vista was beyond repair and I decided to replace it. I lost all my email data and records but expected to be able to recall the information as I have done in the past. The new computer had Windows 10 installed with window live mail but I have been unable to recall/access my previous information. I am using windows live with great difficulty.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

With which email service is windows live connecting to

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
BT. My address is:-***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Can you click on my link below, sign into your account there and tell me please if you can see the missing folders and emails.

https://www.bt.com/btmail

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** new to Win. 10 and similarly new to WLMail. I am practiced in logic but I feel that W10 is beyond normality! As far as I am concerned products that do not work should not be used to get extra income! Many Thanks Gordon Neal.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I can understand Gordon but it is very good once you get use to it.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.