Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a subscription live with you but changed my laptop,

Customer Question

i have a subscription live with you but changed my laptop, how can I reinstall mcaffee, my Email address is***@******.*** and my new laptop is supported by Windows 7 ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

In order to do this Mark, please do the following

Go to http://home.mcafee.com on the computer you want to protect.
Click My Account, Sign In.
Type the email address and password ***** you used when you created your McAfee account, and click Log In.

NOTE: If you do not have a McAfee account, click Register Now under Are you a new user? and follow the prompts. Log in when your account has been created. If you want the website to remember your user name in the future, select Remember Me.

Hover your mouse over My Account and, in the drop-down menu, click Subscriptions.
Click Add Device next to your McAfee subscription.
Select the device type, and click Download if you want to install on another device. Then click Send Link, type the email address of the other PC that will receive the link, and click Send Email.
Select the McAfee product you want to install, and then click Download.

NOTE: You can also select additional protection products, such as Family Protection or True Key.

Read and accept the McAfee License Agreement, click Download, and run the setup file.
If a serial number is ***** make a note of it because you might be prompted to enter this later. Alternatively, do not close the browser because the McAfee installer might prompt you for the serial number, which is shown on the download page.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install and configure your McAfee software.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.