Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have a very old original" Apple I Pad" it has been

I have a very old original " Apple I Pad " it has been replaced by an "Apple iPad Air". How do I transfer all the loaded Data from the old iPad to the Apple iPad Air. I Have tried the Apple instructions but part way through the instructions for iCloud do it appear. I am at a loss for what to do to carry out the transfer. "HELP"
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

Do you still have access to the old iPad?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have both iPads on my table. It is very late can we continue our xconversation tomorrow morning ?. It has passed midnight.
Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

Of course!

I am 5 hours behind you so I will let you the steps to do in the morning.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

On the old iPad..

Go into Settings then iCloud then Backup then make sure iCloud backup is turned on (green showing) then press Back up Now

On the new iPad..

If it is already registered then you need to restore it using the new backup that you just created. If it has not been registered yet, you can pick the new backup from the restore list. Has it been registered yet?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Not at the moment. I wouldlike to follow your instructions to gain some experience. Thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

Sure; no problem.

Was the new iPad registered to an Apple ID yet?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
As you can see I have switched to "Secure Remote Assistance" . Just to remind you of my question. I am trying to transfer all the data in the old Apple iPad into the new Apple iPad Air. I think the Air is registered to Apple ID :-***@******.***. Both iPads are situated on my Dining Room table. I trust this info will be of some use to you. If you require further information I will be pleased to try and meet your demands. Kind Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
An early reply would be appreciated. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have followed you instructions at the end there are no restore lists. What happens now ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

The restore list would appear only on the new iPad.

Is the new iPad already registered and setup? Does it show the home screen with icons?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The new iPad shows a home screen with 20 icons does that mean it is registered? .
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Yes, it does.

In order to restore using the backup that you made on your old iPad, you will need to go into Settings then General then Reset then Erase All Content and Settings

After the restart, you will have an option to restore from backup. Select the recent backup that you made

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. I will try tomorrow it is midnight again so I am gong to bed. I will converse with you again tomorrow. What time will you be available ? .
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

I will be available tomorrow from 12-10pm EST

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I must apologise for the delay in conversing with you again . Today has been hectic, today is my 81st birthday and my family have had me out celebrating. All is quiet now. So what is the next step to make the transfer ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Happy Birthday!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Having problems. Carried out our instructions on the old iPad it is now frozen. I can not do anything at all. Is it possible to
carry on just with the Air iPad ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Did you back up the old iPad as instructed?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it was backed up yesterday. . I have tried switching it off then back on, the situation is just the same.when I switched it back ON the first time, the system asked for a Pass Code. I entered the usual code it then asked to Sign In to iCloud using my Apple ID and password ***** I did that is when the iPad froze. The Cloud screen is still showing. With a small icon rotating in the top right hand corner.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

The Cloud screen on the new iPad or old?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The Cloud screen on the OLD iPad s the frozen one
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

If you backed it up on the old iPad then you can move to the new iPad.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can pickup your emails on the new one and carry out your instructions. I Backed Up the new one early this evening is that ok ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

You will be restoring from the backup from the old iPad so anything that you did on the new iPad will not be saved. It will restore from the old iPad backup.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there anything I can do unfreeze the OLD pad ?. Is this the end of the road for extracting data from the old pad ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Did as you instructed the Pad has restarted. It is getting late and I am tired,will we be able to continue tomorrow with the transfers?. I must once again THANK YOU for your patience. I am sorry to be a nuesance to you.. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

No problem, James.

Come back tomorrow when you are free.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you . There has been some progress , a small amount of data has been transferred . I imagined everything would be transferred in one go. How long does it take?.
Expert:  Josh replied 8 days ago.

The update process can take up to 30-60 minutes depending on the connection and data being transferred.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry for delay in contacting you again nothing has changed since I last contacted you what is the next step to transfer the data ?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Due to no reply to my previous note do I assume that you no longer wish to converse with me ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 days ago.

James,

Please understand that there is a 5 hour time difference between us and I was not scheduled to work during the day today.

The last time that we talked, you mentioned it was transferring data. What is going on now?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I apologise for upsetting you I will be more patient in future. There is nothing happening at the moment things are the same as when we last talked. All movement has stopped. I will understand if wish to discontinue with our conversations. I will not contact you again until you reply. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Josh replied 7 days ago.

James,

I am not upset at all!

Which step are we stuck on?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You said I was restoring from the Backup from the old iPad.That was when the old iPad froze. I think we are at a step of 1/12/2016 time 06.43. I trust this is sufficient information for you to consider.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 days ago.

James,

You are to restore the backup from the new iPad.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Having problems with Backup. When I go Settings - iCloud Backup shows OFF and I can not change it to ON.. How do I do that ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 days ago.

On which iPad?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
On the Apple Air iPad. ,which is the new iPad.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 days ago.

On the iPad Air, you will need to follow my steps to restore the phone then restore it from a backup.

Here are the steps again:

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Got as far as Erase all content and settings. Then a sign came up for Pass Code. Entered pass code a panel came up saying Erase iPad saying (This will Delete all Media and Data and reset all Settings) Is it ok to proceed from Erase all contents and Settings ?.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 days ago.

Yes you will be restoring from the backup that you made on the old iPad

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
All instructions completed and startup successfull. It is now 04:58hrs so I am going to bed. If you have further instructions I will complete them later. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Josh replied 5 days ago.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I had decided that the job was done before your email arrived. I could not have achieved the results on my own. We made it due to your expertise and patience. I am pleased to grant a five star rating. Kind Regards ***** ***** Good Luck