John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Google Chrome won't connect to any website or email on my

Google Chrome won't connect to any website or email on my laptop. I am trying to file a newspaper column on a deadline
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Are you able to open web sites on other web browsers like IE or Firefox ?

What is the exact error message it shows on chrome ?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello John,
There is no error message. When I click on the Google Chrome icon on the screen, nothing happens.
There had been some malfunction of the laptop which the automatic repair system fixed, but when it retrieved and reinstalled all the files, the Google Chrome wouldn't work. I don't have access to other web browsers.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Internet explorer is inbuilt with windows 7 so could you please check it in all programs in start menu and see if you can open it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't see anything for Internet Explorer. It's Windows 10 I have
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

If its windows 10 then you can see a big e in the task bar or in the start menu open it and see if you can use it.If you cannot find it then use the search in start menu to search for either Edge or Internet explorer.Check it and please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've got that, and I can open it.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Can you access websites and email in it ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can access websites, not my email.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Are you currently chatting to me from the problematic computer or from another system?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
From the problematic computer
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

In that case may i remote access to your computer and check the chrome issue directly.It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, go ahead.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3e323115-4c01-43c5-98fb-3ffa77afac2c that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Sincerely,

John