Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My 4 year old Kindle is showing a blank screen. I was

My 4 year old Kindle is showing a blank screen. I was downloading a new book, around 560
already there, when this happened. Turning off & on & it comes back the same.
I am now on my computer, having to re-gen my Belkin to get a signal good enough for the computer. I have tried turning the Kindle on & off next to the Belkin but no difference.
Several years ago a freeze-up was cured by running it down totally & recharging but it is still turning itself off when idle so this will be a long drawn out exercise.
HELP!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the Power on / off button / switch on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your Kindle's screen now?

- Does your Kindle have touchscreen?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the power on / off button / switch on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** giving three options came up, including RESTART, which I did & am now up & running.
Thanks again, worth the £31 deposit but I'll pass on a monthly fee- this is the second glitch in 4 years & a new machine is a lot cheaper. £372 would buy three a year.

You're welcome. Great. This is just a one-time support session per your request. If you need anything else, please come back anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Prompt & good, Thanks
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 29 days ago.

You're welcome. Can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon (Excellent option) at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much.