Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

It has an error code 0xF1 and i dont know what is wrong non

it has an error code 0xF1 and i dont know what is wrong non of the buttons will clear it and i cant find anything jammed in it either
Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson Expression Home XP-322
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am operating on a HP Pavilion so Microsoft
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing i just turned it on and it came up with an error code
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: i don't think so, just that the code wont budge and it tells me "for details see your doccumentation"
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5 years approx..
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Please unplug the power cord

Move the carriage across and remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back in and close the lid

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I see you have requested for a phone call, please let me know if you need further assistance from my fellow expert.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Please unplug the power cord

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
we cannot take the ink out as the error on the screen wont allow us to go to the set up option. Or the main menu as it goes, any button we press to get off it says that it is "unavailable"
Expert:  Josh replied 30 days ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Please unplug the power cord

Move the carriage across using your hand and remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back in and close the lid

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
cartridge will only allow by hand to come out enough for the first ink cartridge to be taken out
Expert:  Josh replied 30 days ago.

I understand that you do not want to break a piece but as of right now, the printer will need to be repaired/replaced so even if you break a piece, it will not cause any extra damage to the printer so please try to use a little more strength to remove the other cartridges.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
i have tried with all my strength and it will not budge, not even a tiny bit. I think er are just going to get a new on
Expert:  Josh replied 30 days ago.

If you are not able to move the carriage then it has an internal failure and it would be cheaper to replace the printer than to repair it.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years