Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Kamil I have Skype and it works perfectly. What I'm not sure

Hi Kamil
I have Skype and it works perfectly. What I'm not sure about is: does it have to be switched on all the time to know that someone is trying to call me? Or can a warning app be installed in my mobile phone?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

On your Mobile, not it does not, it is always open in the background so if some one tries to call you it will start ringing.

On the computer it does need to always be running which it does in the background once you start it

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well that answers one question. But my skype account is presently only on my computer, and I don't want to leave it switched on all the time. How do I connect a warning device to my mobile?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

What is the make and model of your mobile?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a Samsung S111
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Go to the play store app, and then search for the app Skype, install it, open it and sign in.

Once done, it is installed and running in the background all the time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Richard. I've done that. Does that mean I have to have mobile data switched on?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Yes, or connected to your wifi network.

There has to be a internet connection for the phone for Skype to work.

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember to click on of the stars at the top then submit to rate me.