John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I can hear the person i am calling but she cannot hear me.

Customer Question

i can hear the person i am calling but she cannot hear me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Are you facing this issue on Skype also are you using Skype on windows or mac computer?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
on Skype (without camera)
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

OK and are you using Skype on a windows or mac computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On a mac
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

I am not an expert in mac systems but lets see.Are you using inbuilt mic on the mac or headset with mic ?

Which version of Mac OS is loaded on it? (Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac and it will show the version)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried it without and with headphones. It is version 10.12.6
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Have you checked the audio setting in preferences in Skype also which version of Skype are you using ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Skype version 7.58(501)
Yes I have checked settings
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly.you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Please give me a moment to send you the link to get Team-viewer and do the remote support.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Here is the tool for remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg then click on download Team viewer. Download and install it then let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just tried turning my mac on and off - now Skype appears to work
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

That is good to know.Most likely the version got updated because the one you had was the previous version so after the restart it got updated and worked.

Did you run the audio test?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks. Problem solved.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Glad to know that.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John