Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Can you help with recovering Thunderbird emails lost when I

Can you help with recovering Thunderbird emails lost when I had a new hard drive installed with Windows 10. Luckily I saved them on memory stick and they lie on my desktop but cannot open them as the profile is missing.
Philip
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 26 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Can you please tell me WHAT was the data that you saved in your memory stick?
  2. Is it a Thunderbird profile?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Can I try the online approach - although I am pretty clueless about what to do!
Philip
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Or can you tell me when remote assistance is available?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 26 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I have accepted your request to help you solve this problem via Secure Remote Assistance. Please let me know when you are available and in front of a computer, so we can begin.

Type your reply below.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I am at my computer now
Expert:  IT Miro replied 26 days ago.

Great! Here are the instructions on how we can remotely connect:
Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.

Link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=406bc3a4-1c73-48cb-95bc-a1a3b8dd014f

When a new web page opens, click on the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

In case the link doesn't work for you, let me know.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 26 days ago.

Connected.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 26 days ago.

Problem has been successfully solved via secure remote assistance. Everything should work properly now.

For any other issue, feel free to contact me again. Here is my JustAnswer profile page where you can request me directly for any computer-related question in the future:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro/

Regards,
IT Miro