David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

Toshiba 750 ext hard drive not showing files on Xp

Customer Question

toshiba 750 ext hard drive not showing files on Xp
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  David L replied 17 days ago.

Most likely the file system on the drive is corrupt. To resolve the issue click the Windows Start button in the lower left corner then click Run and type

cmd

in the Run box and press Enter.

In the command terminal that appears type

chkdsk e: /f /r

except replace e: with the drive letter of the external drive (click Start then My Computer to see the drive letter).

Press enter and the scan should start and fix the file system. If prompted to run the scan on reboot select Y and press Enter and reboot.

After the scan test to see if the issue is resolved. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Expert:  David L replied 12 days ago.

Do you still need assistance?