Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

My Kindle Paperwhite screen remains blank although fully

Customer Question

My Kindle Paperwhite screen remains blank although fully charged. Pressing side button has no effect.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 13 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be the tech assisting you today.

Please press and hold the Power button on the Kindle for a full 40 seconds - does it power on and work all right now?

Do keep me posted below; I'll be here. Thanks,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no -please fix for me
Expert:  Bryan replied 13 days ago.

OK, let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Thank you,

Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

Hi Pauline,

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Expert:  Josh replied 12 days ago.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.