AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 10 yrs of electronics support and software development.
57442719

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 I have locked my self out of my

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 I have locked my self out of my phone and can't get back in with out a pin number
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  AnswersByEric replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

The only way back into the phone if you have locked yourself out, is by resetting the device. You can do so by following the steps below.

1. Press and hold the power button down until the device shuts itself off.
  2. Now, while it is off, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see the Samsung logo, then let go.
  3. After that select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
  4. Choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the whole operation
  5. Then select option "reboot system now".

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I press the power button it won't allow me to switch off

Are you pressing and holding it in for a while?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has now gone off

Ok good, now you can follow the rest of the steps.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I has just started to scretch at me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will start again

Let me know if you have any more issues :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done everything now and I'm waiting for it to reboot how long does this t

It can take up to 10-15 minutes sometimes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok hanks will I loose all my data

Sign back in with the same Google account that was on it previously, and most of your data will sync back.

Expert:  AnswersByEric replied 29 days ago.

Hi :)

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. However, if my answer to you was helpful, please do not forget to rate my service as 5-stars at the top of the page :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Eric