hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer problems
40928634

I am trying to install a software programe on my laptop.

Customer Question

I am trying to install a software programe on my laptop. However I receive the following error,The Microsoft ACE.OLEDB.12.0' Provider is not registered on local machine. How do I resolve this?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. What exactly is the name of the program you are trying to install?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I am using Windows 10. The program is a flow control valve sizing software developed by KLM technology group. Its not a big file. If you wish, I can send you the program and installation details.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Ok. Please ZIP the program and installation details and upload it to this link:

http://filesxpress.com/

Please tell me when done so that I can download it.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
http://filesxpress.com/download-5909acec8680ac9beae60301d446244b
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Both files have been uploaded
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Thank you. Please give me a moment to check the files. I will try to install it and see if I am getting the same problem.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It will ask you for a password ***** the end, the password ***** *****
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Ok

Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

I found the problem. It is the absence of MS Access software on your computer which is required by the software that you are trying to install.

To fix this problem without installing MS Access (because MS Access needs to be bought, not a free software), please follow these steps:

1. Please download the Data Connectivity Components using the link below:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=23734
  2. After downloading, make sure you run it to install the components
  3. Restart your computer
  4. Then try installing your Hydraulics software again

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have office 365
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Please check if you have MS Outlook installed

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Well, I recently downloaded Office 365 whole suite. So outlook is also installed
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Please check if Outlook is installed to confirm. If you just installed it, please restart the computer and then try installing the Hydraulics software again.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok, will do
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

I was able to install it. When I opened the program, it asked for login and the password ***** is rejected. But it was installed successfully because I have both MS Access 2007 and 2010 installed.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I was able to install it as well. Its when U try to launch it, it gives me the error message. I guess you need to make sure that you follow step (i) in the installation guide. Only then will it accept the password. After you have done that, and when you are about to use the software it would give u the error.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Ok, I am able to run it but the password ***** ***** accepted.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
you are able to use the software?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Can you please send me a screenshot
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

No, I cannot get passed the login screen. KLM2015 password ***** *****

Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Your icon on the screenshot you gave me shows Control Valve, mine is different. It is Hydraulics KLM.

Here is my screen shot attached.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Its, not that's what I had an issue with earlier. In order to use the password, you need to copy the file hydrg32dll from the magnitude folder and paste it in the same folder where you have installed your programe. Your application folder may may already have the file,but once you overwrite the hydrg32dll file, it will allow you to use the password.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Ok. I do not have the installation procedures in the files you gave me. Trying it now, I will let you know the results.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Please follow step( i) from how to install pdf.that I sent you a few moments ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Ok. I am getting a different problems. Please give me a moment.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

I am installing .NET Framework 4 now.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

It is already packed in Windows 10.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

I am installing the database engine.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Any luck
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

None so far. I am trying to install it in my VM with MS Access installed. This is an MS Access database connection issue. I will keep you posted.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

Now on my VM, I am getting the error you are getting. Still trying.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok no problem
Expert:  Jess M. replied 28 days ago.

I have tried a lot and the problem continues. Please allow me to opt out so that other experts can assist you further. If no one joins you here, I will get back to you when I found a solution for you to try.

Jess

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
How do I contact other experts?
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 27 days ago.

Hello please try downloading this file from Microsoft click me

If this doesn't work for you there is a forum which contains a few fixes that you can try click me

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. I have windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 on the machine, I don't understand why this should happen.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 26 days ago.

Please review this click me