Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have a Canon Pixmar multi function printer K014848

I have a Canon Pixmar multi function printer K014848 connected to my laptop and when I send a document to print the following error message "B200" is presented at the top of the printer screen, in a red box. Below that the message "Printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center." is displayed.
I believe your records will show that I have had this problem before.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hello Josh, the printer is 6 or 7 years old
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Hi Mick,

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I would prefer to talk live but my mobile signal is poor. Can you call me on 01767 631644?
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Hi Mick,

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
The same fault occurred last year and you were able to fix it. I have tried the same fix but it does not work so I guess that confirms your diagnosis?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Presumably I will not be charged today?
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

This is a paid service.

Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Did you follow the same steps from last year?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Thank you -- that confirms the internal failure.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
OK, thanks Josh. So will I be charged?
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Yes, this is a paid service.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
OK. I may have inadvertently agreed to a free trial. If so, how do I cancel this?
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

I will send a note to customer service for you after our session is rated as 5 stars to make sure it was a one time charge. Please understand that I do not have any control over pricing as a technician.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.