John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Here goes.....I'm 71 !!!!! Managed to set up emails on

Here goes.....I'm 71 !!!!!
Managed to set up emails on Samsung phone using incoming server imap.virginmedia.com
Now emails won't come through on laptop, which is set up as imap.ntlworld.com, getting "I map.ntlworld.com not responding.
Changed all settings to match phone, still no joy......help please. X

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please provide the following details.

Could you please let me know the part after @ in your email address?

Which email program are you using to access emails in your computer also which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7,windows 8, Windows 10?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ntlworld.com
Windows 7
Not sure about email programme.

Thank you for the details.

Examples for email programs/apps are outlook,Windows live mail,Thunderbird.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows live mail

In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I have already paid £30 and cannot afford more.

In that case i will do it without additional cost.Is that OK with you ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=74e56f9d-72a5-47b4-9c09-da07768d43c8 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, it will not download, Safari will not enable it.

Are you using a windows or mac computer ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm using an IPAD

Is this email issue on a windows 7 computer ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, as first stated it's on an IPad. My mistake giving you Windows info from my laptop which isn't in use.

Ipad is not mentioned in the question.What is mentioned is a samsung phone which you successfully configured your email.

I dont think remote access works on Ipad but we can give it a try.Please go to app store in ipad and then search for Teamviewer.Its a free remote support tool download and install it then open it and let me know the user id and password ***** shows.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do apologise, my issue is with my IPad although I have the same issue on my laptop which I have now switched on.

No problem i am not that well versed in ipad but with remote access i can check it so try to download and install team viewer and let me know the user id and password.

For windows you can use the above given remote support link but first lets check Ipad.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have downloaded it and it's asking for your password.

OK that is for screen sharing.Doesn't it shows your user id and password ***** the left of the team viewer screen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm so sorry to be so slow.
It is only coming up with user ID. 316 191 989.......no password.

It shows that team-viewer is not running on your ipad.Is it open or did you close it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's open.

There is a connection error sorry to say i cannot connect to the ipad.Could you please let me know the current email settings on ipad like incoming and outgoing address also port numbers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Incoming
IMAP.ntlworld.com
Port 993***@******.***Outgoing
smtp.ntlworld.com***@******.***
siaens47!!
Server port 465
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have your responses on my laptop now as well.

Good. please try the following on ipad

Incoming

imap.virginmedia.com
IMAP SSL Enabled
IMAP port 993

Outgoing
smtp.virginmedia.com
SMTP SSL Enabled
SMTP port 465
SMTP authentication Enabled

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I have done that.

Now try to send and receive emails.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can now do that. I still get an error message on laptop and can't send from laptop to IPad. Laptop not showing anything in the "sent" folder either.

Can you check the settings on the laptop too.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, will do.

let me know the result.

Did you change the settings on your laptop to see if the emails are working,if you have difficulty doing so let me know and i can remote access to your laptop and check it directly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
on servers it has incoming as POP 3
Incoming mail (POP3) I have entered Imap.virginmedia.com and the same for outgoing mail (SMPT)
Server port numbers Outgoing mail SMPT 465......Incoming mail (POP3) 99
Still coming up with error message. Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800CCC0F
Protocol SMTP
Port 465
Secure (SSL): No

If its using POP3 you cannot simply change it in settings so try these pop3 settings

Incoming
pop3.virginmedia.com
POP3 SSL Enabled
POP3 port 995
POP3 authentication Enabled

Outgoing
smtp.virginmedia.com
SMTP SSL Enabled
SMTP port 465
SMTP authentication Enabled

Let me know the result

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No sorry, still not sending emails. If you wish to securely connect to laptop, my daughter has offered to pay .

Can you open this chat on your computer ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, just trying to sort it

if you cannot open i will give a short web link which you can type on the address bar of web browser (Chrome,Firefox or Internet explorer) and then open it.

Shall i send you the short web address.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please

Please type in this web address : - http://tinyurl.com/ybnwtbl8 in the address bar of Internet explorer or Firefox or Chrome on your windows 7 computer then open it.

that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get ElisnoreScreen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Don't close this Chat/Q&A page

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't download, but can see other " install Tinyurl" free downloads

I believe you are typing it in the search box not in the address bar on the top left of the web browser.Here is a image of the address bar on Google Chrome

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have Google and did type it into the left hand bar, it comes up with no results
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm downloading chrome

OK if you cannot open it chrome then try the following.

Press windows + r key then type in http://tinyurl.com/ybnwtbl8 it in the run box and click OK that will open just answer remote support page then follow the above instructions.

Is the computer still rebooting ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, do you need me to do anything to get you back on the laptop ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Computer back on and I've signed in.
Give me a moment to reconnect

there seems to be a connection issue.Can you please open downloads folder and run the ElisnoreScreen Connect Client file

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Done.

Thank you connected now.

After the restart run the ElisnoreScreen Connect Client file from downloads.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done.

Haven't got the connection yet.