Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have an Asus Transformer Book T100HA 2-in-1 Laptop, serial

I have an Asus Transformer Book T100HA 2-in-1 Laptop, serial no
FBNO(or possibly 0)CV536123468, which I received in early January 2017. I have found it very difficult to use, but got very little support from family members. As a result it has been very little used. Somebody who knows much more about computers than me came to help me manage it better, but almost immediately said it needed to be returned and repaired or replaced.
1.It frequently refuses to start up, when fully charged, or the start up light comes on but the screen is dark. This does not always happen but very frequently does so.
2.The battery dies very quickly and takes hours and hours to charge up again. I keep it permanently charging because of this, but after trying to use it last Sunday I forgot to plug it in again until Wednesday, when I plugged in the charger and it was still charging up 3.5 hours later.
3. Recently the mouse has refused to work, so i have to use it as a tablet.This friend has tried 6 times to speak by phone to Asus Support and 6 times has been cut off after about 10 - 12 minutes.Please can you tell me how to get my computer to Asus - what address? How long will the process take? Since it is still under guarantee for a couple of weeks I would like it seen to quickly.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
To get the Asus in question to warranty repair, before the 1 year warranty period runs out, you need to go to this webpage:

https://www.asus.com/uk/rma/

Read through that page for your information about the warranty process... but to get to the process, lower on the page there is a link, in blue, to the application form.

And more or less, you pack up the Asus Transformer book, in good-enough packaging (probably the original packing box and material is not available any more) so that it is protected from damage in shipping, include the (filled out properly) application form for return-and-repair, and ship it off to Asus... the address? it's on the application form. I hope so, anyway.

That should get the Asus product the warranty servicing that it needs, beyond a doubt.

- Does this answer your question fully and well? if so, please let me know; if not, let me know and I will help and advise you further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will certainly do as you say, but I see no reason why I should pay £40 something when it is under guarantee, I got no response on the phone and could not find a suitable online address to get the form you have described. I will have to go to the Library to print out the form as I did not have a functioning printer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You kindly offer to do a repair by connecting my device but again I have to pay, when it is under guarantee.

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

If you don't want Secure Remote Assistance, please let me know - though I am guessing that you do not.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, you have been kind, but I honestly think that it needs to be sent back for a full repair/service/ replacement.

I agree: it definitely needs to be sent in for a replacement or warranty service. And being less than 1 year old, it is eligible for that service - free of charge - from Asus.

(I am not Asus, though... this is JustAnswer, in case you weren't aware.)

I will not take up the secure remote assistance request that shows for your question, Rosemary, since you do not seem to want nor need it.

It will still be open to other Experts, though... unless you would like to close this case by rating my answer and my work on your question, perhaps. ?

The application form for RMA for warranty service from Asus UK, is here, by the way, as well as to-be-found in a link in the page I previously cited...:

https://eu-rma.asus.com/pickup_europe/pickup.aspx?country=uk

in case you need that information also.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)