Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am very deaf in both ears and wish to use a headphone and

I am very deaf in both ears and wish to use a headphone and mike with my Panasonic home telephone (Model No KX-TG8562E). I have tried headphones from within the family but as soon as I push the 2.5 jack fully into socket on my telephone I lose all contact. Can you please advise if this facility is allowed on the model in question and if so what the source might be??

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me what you mean by losing all contact please?

You mean you hear no sound?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Ok, to ensure they are working and not at too low of a volume for you to hear, are you able to have someone else test the headphone and see if they can hear sound?

Please let me know the results.

Can you please provide a phone number you can be contacted on and communicate with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a headphone and mike to test as other headsets have been returned to the family or returned to the store. I really want the details of a suitable headset and mike and a source from which to purchase it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but as I have explained I am unable to use the telephone because of my deafness

You can only use headphones with the phone, not a headphone microphone connection, but they hear you through the microphone on the phone.

I would advise on these headphones

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneOdio-Headphones-Monitoring-Isolating-Headsets-Black/dp/B01MZHAX5S/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513078561&sr=1-5&keywords=over+ear+cable+headphones

They are over ear to cut out excessive sound and will give you the best sound quality with this phone

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not convinced that there is fault on the telephone so my real question is what type of headset and mike should I have in order to make the connection with my telephone

Yes it is not a fault on the telephone, did you see my last message to you about this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but I have now. I will order from Amazon and see where I go from there. Thank you for your assistance.

You are most welcome