Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just received my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Unfortunately

Hi I have just received my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Unfortunately all the text is in Chinese? And as such I cannot access it to work. Can you help please?. Kind Regards John.

Hi there John and welcome

Where did you purchase the Note from?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought it from eglobal central uk
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already paid £47 so far. Richard.

Thanks John

Please do the following

Ensure the device is turned off
Press and hold the Bixby key and the Volume up key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android mascot appears, release all keys. You should see “Installing system update” for approximately 30-60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu appears.
Use the Volume down key to navigate through the recovery menu and highlight “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and press the Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power key.
When the Factory reset is complete, press the Power key to select “Reboot system now”. The phone will restart with all data reset.

Tell me if it is then in English please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still online Richard? I have no user instructions to find the relevant keys Richard, It is still all in Chinese.

yes I am here, did you see the instructions I gave you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard. But as I have said. I have no instructions as to what the keys are.

Please watch this video as it will show you the keys to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cheai5J5aQ

Let me know how you go please and remember you are selecting factory data reset in the list

How did you go with the instructions John?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried several times Richard. It is still Chinese. They must have set it at their factory. No a Happy Chappy,

Yes, they have given you a Chinese version with no English language settings, one destined for the Chinese market and not for here, this we have confirmed now.

I am really sorry about this but you will need to return the phone to have it replaced, this is the only way to get an English version, and they need to realize their mistake.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi If I had know how easy it was to configure my Note 8. I would not have rated Richard at all. Let alone 5 stars. Unhappy 'ex customer'.