Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have a Canon MX925 showing error 6000 (paper jam) I have

I have a Canon MX925 showing error 6000 (paper jam) I have cycled power, there is no paper in the machine. Have turned off and centred the print carriage and turned on again - no joy. Concerned as there are no LEDs showing on the print cartridges. Would appreciate any ideas but I think the printer carriage may be damaged in some way.
Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No - first time and four days out of warranty.
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10 64 bit
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had altered a print format from Letter to A4 in Word, started to print then low cartridge warning came up which I cancelled intending to deal with it later and printing stopped almost immediately
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: That's about it - thank you

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One year old

Over or under a year old? It is important for warranty purposes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Josh - I am sorry to be a pain but it appears the error has gone away and the printer is working fine now - sorry to have wasted your time.

No problem! You can always come back here in the future if you still need help.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit