Dan
Dan, Field Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Haulotte compact dx10 (2002) Scissors lift not been used few

Customer Question

Haulotte compact dx10 (2002) Scissors lift not been used for a few months buts starts up fine then engine cuts out after 5 seconds.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks , I still have the problem so I'll continue with it on your site for now. Regards chris
Hello Chris,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thomas. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. When this shuts down is it instant like you turned off the key or sputter and die like it is starving for fuel?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Are there any warning indicators or faults on the display?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Click on this link for the maintenance manual and schematics (End of the manual). Check to confirm if it is shutting down due to coolant temp or oil pressure. If not actual problems, check the sensors and harness. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't splutter like a fuel issue its just shuts down every time after exactly 5 seconds,
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check for low coolant level and if okay check for a faulty sensor or harness. Also check the same for oil pressure sensor and harness. Most commonly it will be coolant level or temp. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan
We tried bypassing the three sensors , air filter , oil temp & oil pressure already but still the same , there are two lights on the circuit board ( where the fuses are located ) that stay illuminated , I don't have anything in the manual that refers to these, I have attached a photo of these . Regards Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure there's no coolant & that it's air cooled