Dan
Dan, Field Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a JCB 531-70 (2001) telehandler, Last couple of times

Customer Question

I have a JCB 531-70 (2001) telehandler , Last couple of times I drove it it took a little while before it would engage in forward gear, I tried using it today & it will not engage in any forward gears but it will drive in reverse , I checked the transmission oil & it was a little low so I have topped it up to the correct level but machine will not go forward.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris, My name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. Check the oil condition for discoloration or burnt smell as well as inside the transmission filter for fine metal or debris indicating an internal failure requiring removal and disassembly for overhaul. If clean then check the shift controller for power in and out in all gear positions for a possible faulty shift controller. If okay, verify power at the shift solenoids and confirm they are clicking and mechanically engaging. Test the resistance of the solenoids to be sure they are all within the same range of each other. Let me know