Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

Good morning I have a Delonigi Ariadry Humidifier model no.

Customer Question

Good morning I have a Delonigi Ariadry Humidifier model no. DNC65. the power light on the unit is coming on but the unit will not start up and non of the buttons on the control panel will operate. Just wondered if you had any ideas?

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 years ago.
I would like to help you with the problem if possible.

- How old is the humidifier unit in question?

- Is it plugged into the proper power source or power mains? try another power source, or if it is plugged into a power strip, plug it directly into a wall outlet. (This may b unlikely to help, but has to be tried - once, anyway.)

- When does the power light come on? when plugged in, or when switched On, or when?

- Do any other power lights come on, on the unit?

- Does the unit make any sound of operating, when first plugged in, or when first turned On?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know the exact age of the unit. but the factory code is 900074. It is plugged direct into a 240v wall socket. The power light comes on when the machine is switched on at the on/off switch. No other lights come on and the unit makes no sound at all.

Is your unit more or less like this?:

graphic

If so, it is a Delonghi Aria Dry Combo dehumidifier.

Assuming that to be the case, and all the other facts you have presented, plus given the unit's non-responsiveness to the manipulation of the three controls on its control panel, then I would say this is a clear case of fan failure in the device. It can't dehumidify if air is not driven through it, and you say there is no noise of a fan active in the device at all.

Check whether the device's fan is blocked or jammed by anything, if you can.

(Would you be interested in repairing the device yourself, aside from the above?)

If the unit is young enough to be within a year or so of its purchase date, then it might be still covered by warranty provisions from the manufacturer. To make a failure-within-warranty claim on it, you would need either the sales slip or some other proof of purchase date (such as credit card records, if it was bought with a credit card, for instance.)