p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Technical expert, from computers to custom home theaters
59725966

how can I use Bluetooth headphones with my rcd m39 ?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Denon,

p0llinate :

could you tell me the make/model of your bluetooth headphones?

p0llinate :

The Denon has no built in bluetooth functionality, so you would need a BT transmitter. Your headphones may have come with one of these, if not you'd need to purchase one. The BT transmitter would typically (sometimes with an adapter necessary) plug into either the headphone jack on the front of the denon, or into a line out port (Red/white rca jacks) on the back.

p0llinate :

The BT headphones will need to be registered or "paired" with the BT transmitter, and from there on will function just as normal wired headphones would.

p0llinate :

If you should need help finding a suitable transmitter, just let me know.

p0llinate :

Thanks,
Nathan

JACUSTOMER-xggly6qh- :

Hi, the make is Future Sound Lab. Don't know the model.

p0llinate :

Is it only a pair of headphones?

p0llinate :

Or did it come with a small box that could be the transmitter?

p0llinate :

Does it look like these:

Full Size Image

p0llinate :

If so, it does not come with a BT transmitter (dongle)

p0llinate :

These headphones were really intended for use with a device that has native bluetooth capability (like a smartphone or tablet)

p0llinate :

but your Denon can be adapted to work with them, with the addition of a transmitter

p0llinate :

What you need is something like this:

TaoTronics® TT-BA01 Wireless Bluetoo... (click for link)

p0llinate :

This would plug into the headphone port on the front of the Denon, and transmit the sound to your wireless headphones.

p0llinate :

Note that the plug on these is the 3.5mm variety, and you'd need an adapter for the full size headphone port on the denon:

6.35mm Jack Plug to 3.5mm Socket (click for link)

JACUSTOMER-xggly6qh- :

It is only headphones. Which make of transmitter would you advise I purchase?

p0llinate :

I sent a link to you just a moment ago, please click on the links to view/purchase the transmitter and adapter:

Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.
Sorry Kenny, the live chat seems to be malfunctioning, so I've changed to this format. You can view my earlier notes above, and get back to me here if needed.

Nathan
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kenny, were you able to view the links I sent?

Nathan