carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Bought blaupunkt iPod speaker dock today. Recognises iPod 4th

Customer Question

Bought blaupunkt iPod speaker dock today. Recognises iPod 4th generation but will not play music. Have tested with nano and classic and works fine. Can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

Do you have another dock station you could try your 4th gen on?

I think it is likely to be the 4th gen that is the problem and not the dock station. If you have access to IPA or some electrical contact cleaner you could give the ipod connector a good clean with some spray the smallest amount of dirt would stop it connecting properly.

I have a dock station in most rooms of my house and many are different makes and I have had no trouble with any of my ipods my older ipods work in the dock and so does my 4th gen touch.