carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have been away for a week and when i switched my tvonics

Customer Question

I have been away for a week and when i switched my tvonics freeview plus box back on it said "disc needs formatting" although it was not full up i pressed ok to format it anyway.It now displays the message "Hard drive initialisation failed.Recording and playback functions are disabled".I have tried all the things it suggests in the manual as well as resetting the set top box and retuning but to no avail.It was working perfectly well before i went away.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

I afraid but it sounds like your hard drive has failed in the unit. Unfortunately hard drives sometimes do just fail over night. You will be able to replace the hard drive but you might find a new recorder cheaper.

I am sorry I cannot suggest anything else for you to try. If you wanted a local repairer to take a look I might be able to suggest someone for you.