Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

Vaccum cleaners , Is it possible for the hose of a standard

Customer Question

Vaccum cleaners , Is it possible for the hose of a standard vaccum cleaner to suck up the like of socks ,if it clogs the pipe how is the best way to get it back out?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Yes, it is possible... In order to get it out, please give me the model number of the vacuum so I can take a look and give you instructions. Has it just lost it's suction?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello it is this make Vax MACH 9 C87-M9-B Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner. I was vaccuming under the bed and i think it might be this that got sucke up , the suckinong is greatly reduced http://aquxny.ocnk.net/data/aquxny/product/20131001_c7ecdd.jpg

thanks for your help.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I can help you with that. When clothing or plastic bags get stuck, it's usually where there is an elbow in the tubing on it's way to the dirt chamber. Luckily that vacuum has a short distance from the hose to the chamber.

Remove the hose, and feel for suction where the hose connects. This will tell us if it's stuck in the hose, or if it's in the vacuum.

If it's in the hose, you can carefully reverse the hose, to try to suck the item back through the hose. You can also use a metal coat hanger to feed through the hose until it comes out the other end. Your best bet is to go from the end that attaches to the vacuum, and out the suction end.

If you find that it isn't in the tube, use the same coat hanger, and make a little hook. Feed it gently into the vacuum, and hook the item with the coat hanger. It should pull right out. Remove the dirt chamber so you can see where the tube feeds into it. You should be able to run the coat hanger all the way into the chamber.

Let me know if you cannot get it out. That item you showed me would definitely cause a lack of suction.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not in the hose , i have looked in the entrance hole of the vaccum unit .i can just see part of the item ,It seams to be well logged in at the back of the cyclone area that you can see throu the clear perspex front and trying to remove the dirt chamber is difficult ,will the item thats in there be damaged and will it have dameage the vacuum.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
The dirt chamber is removable, that's where the dirt is stored. If you can see the item, you want to pull it out the way that it went in. Don't turn on the vacuum. If it has gotten stuck in the vacuum motor, you will have to pull it hard enough to run the electric motor backwards. It may be problematic at first, but it has to come out the way that it went in, so that way it doesn't get stuck in the motor permanently. That will require disassembly. Let me know if you're able to hook onto it and pull it out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

took abit of doing but finally managed to pull it back out thanks for your help .

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

This is not an info request.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks again