Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Denon 1910 AV receiver with HDMI connections to my

Customer Question

I have a Denon 1910 AV receiver with HDMI connections to my TV, PS3 and a Blu Ray player. There is also my Sky TV box operating from this set-up.

I set these up about 3 years ago and all was working fine. Recently I had to move the unit they were sitting on and to do this I tried to avoid disconnecting any cables...

I am fairly sure, the only one I disconnected was the HDMI connected into the Blu Ray player, but possibly (although I don’t think so ( i may have disconnected the PS3 HDMI)

Anyway I wanted to watch a DVD on the Bluray player yesterday and I can’t get any picture...When I choose the source HDP, all I can get is the DVD sound, but no picture. Likewise on the PS3.

So I thought I would go into the menu setup on the Denon, but I can’t get this to display i.e the OSD (on screen display) does not appear on my TV.....

I can see the menu options coming up on the Receiver display but not on the TV...Help!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the Denon.

Are you still able to get video from the Sky box through the Denon please?

If not, have you checked the HDMI cable between the TV and the Denon to make sure it is secure?

Is the TV set to the correct Video Input to view from the Denon (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.)?

Please let me know the information requested and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Sky is fine... I have used the TV remote to cycle thru the various external inputs to see if I can see the picture thru any of the AV 1,2 3 etc

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay, so you're saying you have the Sky box connected through the Denon, and can see that on the TV screen, correct?

That is connected to the Denon with an HDMI cable as well?

I want to make sure I have an accurate grasp of what is, and what is not working so that we can proceed.

Additionally, I had asked about checking the HDMI cable between the TV and the Denon- have you done this yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sky is not directly connected to the AV receiver.. It is connected via HDMI to the TV with an optical connection to the receiver for sound...

The cable between TV and receiver I now won't be able to recheck until the morning.. Sorry

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay Michael, this makes sense as to why the Sky plays on the TV, but the Denon OSD will not. Please reply back in the morning so that we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Please do not reply until you're ready to proceed as the site locks me onto your question. Until then, have a good night.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fixed this myself... Dodgy HDMI cable.. thanks anyway..

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
That was exactly why I asked you to check the HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV, as a bad HDMI cable is the most common cause of this problem. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service.