*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Technician
Experience:  Customer Service Support and Repair Technician
62741268

Hi I have not used Flip for 12 months I connect to charger

Customer Question

Hi I have not used Flip for 12 months I connect to charger but Flip will not charge but shows connection. I have installed new battery No luck. Any ideas.?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is Randy, I will assist you.
Try a reset first please>
To reset your camera, leave the video camera powered OFF with the batteries removed for 60 seconds. Reinstall the battery and Then Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry no joy Flip is dead I have tried both old and new batteries. Flip was working fine when put away last year David

Okay, Try this next please>
Get a pin and insert it into the reset hole inside the video camera's tripod mount.

Press and hold the pin for five (5) seconds.

Remove the pin and hold the Power button for another five (5) seconds.

Any of the two methods should complete the reset process of your Flip video camera.

Then Try Recharging the Battery Using the Flip Power Adapter

When using a power adapter, charge your video camera for two (2) hours to ensure that the battery is completely charged before recording again.

NOTE: The green led on the AC charger indicates that it is charging the battery.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I cannot see a reset hole inside camera mount is it somewhere else?

Unfortunately your model must not have the reset so the power button is the only reset option. Try this, connect the ac charger for about an hour and then hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Flip will not revive any more ideas?I have tried every option sujjested but Flip will not respond. Electrics seem to have gone to sleep David

You can try installing 4 new aa batteries if you haven't already. Make sure the battery terminals are clean.