p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Technical expert, from computers to custom home theaters
59725966

I have just bought a replacement phone model KX TG2511E. I

Customer Question

I have just bought a replacement phone model KX TG2511E. I still have the main handset and base units for both - lost the other phone. How do I connect this new phone to the other one and the number I have. When I go the the Handset Set Up and Register Handset nothing happens. If I try to use the phone to dial out it says ~No Link to base. Reconnect AC Adpater

Can you help? Just want two working phones on the same number for upstairs and downstairs. Thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

I think you are missing a step here,

Nathan :

you are correct about going into the handset menu then registration, then register handset,

Nathan :

however when the handset is in pairing mode like that, you must then go to the base station (with the new handset close by) while you press and hold the intercom/locator button on the base station for about 5 seconds. Then you go back to the handset and press OK. You'll hear a long confirmation beep indicating the registration completed.

Nathan :

let me know if that helps. If not, please let me know the model number of the new handset (not the base) so I can confirm if they are compatible or not.