*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Technician
Experience:  Customer Service Support and Repair Technician
62741268

I HAVE A BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK THAT HAS FOR SOME REASON WILL

Customer Question

I HAVE A BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK THAT HAS FOR SOME REASON WILL NOT ACCEPT MY PASSWORD.ALSO THE LANGUAGE AND SCRIPT IS IN TURKISH. I HAVE ONLY 2 MORE ATTEMPS BEFORE IT SHUTS DOWN
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is Randy, I will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time and hold it for about 15 seconds. Its easier if you hit the volume up key then the volume down key and then the power key..

Please let me know if this does not work and we will continue troubleshooting this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I opened the screen up but how do i change from turkish to english script

Language can be changed by going to the Settings menu (gear icon, top right corner of the home screen), choosing the Language tab and change it on the dropdown menu, on the right.
Settings>ayarları
Language>Dil.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot get into settings as it will not accept my password is it because the text on my screen is turkish

yes, what is your password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my password is lottie22

okay, you can enter that password(even if it says that it is wrong) ten times and the tablet will reset and unlock your tablet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing happens i have put in password ten times but it just sticks on six out of ten attempts

Okay, try this again please.Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time and hold it for about 15 seconds. Its easier if you hit the volume up key then the volume down key and then the power key..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply but holding the buttons hasn;t made any difference

okay, sorry about that. Do you see this screen after the reset> follow these steps:
  1. Press and hold the + and – volume keys and the power button for about ten seconds.

All three buttons are on the top edge of the tablet. After you press them for a time, the system will shut down.

2. Wait a few seconds and then press and hold the power button.

The PlayBook restarts. There is a very subtle difference in the appearance of the Turn Off/Restart panel displayed in a hard reset (versus in a soft reset).

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here
I am sorry for the difficulty. You can try this also>
  1. Deliberately type in an incorrect password on your BlackBerry until you are prompted to type the word blackberry in plain text.Try the word blackberry first, then in Turkish>bogurtlen
  2. Instead of asterisks, the text you have been entering for the password will now show in plain text. Check to verify that it is correct.
  3. If the password is still being rejected by your BlackBerry as incorrect, connect the BlackBerry to a computer that has BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed.
  4. A prompt will appear in BlackBerry Desktop Manager to type the password for the BlackBerry . Type your password to rule out missed key strokes, incorrect symbols, or a problem with the BlackBerry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I get a blackberry desktop manager

Register Here
.