Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

one elite RaDIOQ HAS PACKEDD UP WORKING BUT THE LIGHT IS ON

Customer Question

one elite RaDIOQ HAS PACKEDD UP WORKING BUT THE LIGHT IS ON ALL THE TIME AND ?:?HERE IS A TICKING NOISE. cAN YOU HELP pLEASE
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I fear that the radio has a shorted component in it.

The behavior, with the Power light On, but the steady ticking in the speakers, and no other sign of life or initialization, usually means that there is a short-circuited component or circuit in the device, and the short circuit is not enough to blow out the radio, but is enough for its power supply to repeatedly try turning fully On / giving the circuitry free access to power.
The 'ticking' can sometimes be something else, but that is one interpretation, and all possible interpretations of what you are asking about would end in the statement that it is 'broken', unfortunately.

If the radio is within warranty terms, then it would be repaired by the manufacturer, of course, if you contact them before the warranty expires. How old is the radio? measured from its date of purchase.

Would the radio be valuable enough to you that you would want to pay for having it repaired?