A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in electronics troubleshooting and experience.
71208907

MODEL DMR-EX78 HARD DRIVE AND CD PLAYER RECORDER.On playback

MODEL DMR-EX78 HARD DRIVE AND CD PLAYER RECORDER.
On playback the recorder has a tendency to switch off and return to the TV. This happens quite frequently. As you can imagine this is quite annoying. We have to return to the program on video by pressing the AV button on the panasonic tv. This happens with the instances becoming more and more often as the program progresses until it occurs every 1 or 2 minutes. Please will you advise. Thanks BC Noye
*****@******.***.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

A. Stevens :

I'm sorry, please disregard that last message, my software found a mind of its own.

A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

I think the first thing you will want to do is to try to update the firmware of the DMR-EX78.

A. Stevens :

You can find the instructions and download at this link. All you need to do is to select your region.

Customer:

I'm sorry for the delay however I cannot give you any info as yet as I have not had the opportunity to fully test the recorder as yet. As soon as will notify you of the result whether good or bad.

A. Stevens :

OK, not a problem. Please do let me know if that works. If it does not we can try to explore some other solutions.

Customer:

Many thanks. It looks at the moment as if your answer works. The unit boots up much faster and closes down quicker. Have used it for Two and a half hours with no problems. If anything untowards happens, will let you know. It seems to me that the automatic update system did not work, so went manual this did the trick. Hopefully.