KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Worked on Electronics
70193065

My HotpointWD420 1200 spin washer only shows a flashing light

Customer Question

My HotpointWD420 1200 spin washer only shows a flashing light when trying to start machine
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is this washer ?

JACUSTOMER-qx1t44kh- :

10 yr

Customer:

OK, if you number the lights vertically with 1 at the top.near the soap dispenser which light(s) are flashing

JACUSTOMER-qx1t44kh- :

1 and 2

Customer:

both are flashing or only one of them ?

JACUSTOMER-qx1t44kh- :

both

Customer:

OK, this is F12 error which indicates communication problem between the controls

Customer:

there are two boards...you will have to check the wiring harness between these two boards

Customer:

looking at the age of this appliance one of them might be bad and needs replacement

Customer:

are you willing to carry out this repair yourself ?

JACUSTOMER-qx1t44kh- :

If is easy to achieve, my problem is the washer is 'built in' and I am 77 years old

Customer:

OK, with the washer unplugged...you will have to take off the the top of the appliance and check the connections then take the rear panel off and closely check both these boards

JACUSTOMER-qx1t44kh- :

Are the boards easily identifiable by letter or number or both?

Customer:

Yes you have to check the power board at the top and then main board after the rear panel is removed

Customer:

You can also contact Hotpoint at 0843(###) ###-####or www.repaircare.co.uk to get a repair quote

JACUSTOMER-qx1t44kh- :

Although I am a retired Chief Engineer, I think it may be the right solution to contact Hotpoint, thank you for your time

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-qx1t44kh- :

No thank you, ***** ***** to have a go, to satisfy my ego, if further help is required I will no doubt be in touch with you.

Customer:

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Kevin, the fault turned out to be a faulty push on terminal.

You're welcome.