Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

there, i purchased a liebherr integrated freezer. it has

Customer Question

hi there, i purchased a liebherr integrated freezer. it has an integrated ice cube maker. this has stopped producing ice.
i have followed guidelines, turned the ice cube shelf electronically and cleaned with hot water but it still does not work. i assume the sensor has become blocked or the water inlet frozen? i assume this is a common problem. can you advise the top 3 things to do when ice cube maker on a consumer freezer stops functioning?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

1. a sensor may be telling the ice maker that the ice maker is full. It may be stuck or otherwise defective.
2. the water inlet might be clogged, but that is less likely.
3. the freezer element may not be working... or if the freezing of ice cubes is mediated by forced-air process, the fan that forces cool air into the cube freezing area may be either not working, clogged with ice ? or not being triggered at the right time by control circuitry.

(Which is really more than 3 things to check.)

But it's hard to tell without an expert inspection. Still, go over those possible causes as best you may before turning the case over to a refrigeration repair-person.

(Is the freezer still within warranty? if so, invoke warranty repairs on it, and you ought to get repair-services for free.)