Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My LG HR935M blue ray hard disc recorder gives a message cannot

My LG HR935M blue ray hard disc recorder gives a message cannot access hdd. I cannot record or view previous recordings. What is the likely fault as I believe it is not uncommon on this product.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The hard disk or main board has failed. As everything else functions, it is pointing to the hard drive has failing.
If it is under warranty, you can have this replaced at no charge, this is covered.
If the warranty has expired, you can purchase a 500GB Sata hard disk at a computer store, and open up the recorder and replace the hard disk yourself if you feel comfortable doing this (it is only screws you will need to undo, and you will see them).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.