VideoTech
VideoTech, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Video Electronics
26807325

Cant get power to my sony flat screen.my sky box is working

Customer Question

cant get power to my sony flat screen.my sky box is working wondering if it is something i have done accidently to remote.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  VideoTech replied 1 year ago.
That can depend on the remote you're using to power up the Sony. If it's the Sony remote with fresh batteries, the TV should respond with the power light blinking, changing colors or responding no matter what. But a universal programmable remote like a cable or satellite remote can be deprogrammed...but it's hard to do that when you have to press and hold one button for 5 - 10 seconds, then add 2 - 4 numbers after that to change the code. That's one reason I don't change channels with the numbers on my remote. How about you? If you are a number pusher this may help -- http://help.sky.com/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv If you're not a number pusher, then suspect the TV needs work on it. If so, look on the back of the TV for the model number. You'll need that to troubleshoot your problem, get parts etc.