Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Customer Service
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Out of warranty Technics CD Stereo System SC-HD550.CD

Customer Question

Out of warranty Technics CD Stereo System SC-HD550. CD player has a stutter. I asked you a question a few weeks ago and at your suggestion bought two disc cleaners but although both cleaners say cleaning completed the stutter remains. I can find no repairer able to fix it.... so last resort I'm about to open up the case and look for any obvious misalignment or what ever. If I foul it up I'm no worse off than before. What should I look for ?

Hello hello is there anyone there ?

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. I recommend that you take your stereo to an authorized repair facility and have the cd player replaced. It will cost about $175, but it is the right way to fix the problem. If you or anyone else tampers with the mechanism, it will only compound your problem. When my cd pickup mechanism failed, I did not want to pay that much to replace it. I took it to a repair shop and it never worked right after that.