Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a problem with our Panasonic DVD recorder, which has

Customer Question

We have a problem with our Panasonic DVD recorder, which has suddenly lost the connection to the signal for the TV channels. I have tried everything the handbook suggests, at least twice or more, but no luck. After looking on the web it appears this problem is not unusual. I understand it may be a problem with the capacitor or tuner. If that is the case what do we need to do? The model number is ***** - EX95VEBS. Can it be fixed? How much may it cost? We live in Swansea, Wales, UK, so if it can be fixed, who would you recommend we take it to? Lots of questions, I know, but this problem is driving me mad and taking up a lot of time. I hope you can help sort it out.... Gill Fildes, Swansea
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Do you get menu/ setup screen of DVD recorder on TV if press Function button on remote?- What type of cable used to connect DVD recorder to TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the set up menu is there, tried to reload channels, no luck. HDMI and scart cables and standard aerial cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Panasonic TV is working fine and we also have. Humax box connected. All worked fine until about a month ago, when the TV channels disappeared on the Panasonic DVD box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is the DVD recorder connected to aerial to get local channels that you're missing now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the aerial Is connected but the are no pictures showing on the DVD box, but they are on the TV and human box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That should have said humax box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, do you get picture on TV if playback a disc in DVD recorder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes saved items on hard drive and DVD play ok. No problem with image or sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tried to go into setup menu and select shipping condition option to restore default settings and press OK/Enter then unplug recorder power cord for 5 minutes from wall socket, replug back in, turn it On to get initial setup screen and go through channel scan/ auto setup to see if it fix the issue?Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't done that because I feared that doing that would delete a lot of items I want to keep on the hard drive. If it won't affect that I will try it
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Restoring the recorder to default settings wont delete any thing on HDD unless you select Format option to delete all the files on HDD so go ahead and try it to see if it helps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do, but I am about to go out, so it will be later on, so I will log out and let you know if it works later on tonight or tomorrow if that is ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No problem, please take your time and reply back with the result, tomorrow would be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Shahid will do
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid I did what you told me and it did not work, but I suspect I know why. It is looking for analogue channels which aren't there anymore ......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was bought ten years ago so despite having a DAB reference it appears it is not digital, hence the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No way of sorting it then I suppose .....
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, that seems the reason of no DVB channels through DVD recorder and seems it is time for new unit.Thanks.