info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Have worked for many high street outlets technician for 20 years plus
18621325

My sharp music system (age old) is not powering up. the

hi my sharp music system (age old) is not powering up. the sign POWER ON blinks for a second but doesnt start up. what shall i do?
model XL-HP700V
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome The unit will in no doubt be suffering from power-pack issues because of its age usually bad capacitors and bad regulators ,to be honest to attempt repairs is not an option on a unit like this you would be better off in the long run replacing it. I am sorry I do not have better nes for you but the advice is in your own interests, its not to say the unit cant be fixed it can but only if YOU do the work and that would mean using a meter and soldering iron, if you can do that I will be happy to help. Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, thank you for the response. i reckon the reason it stops from powering up is because it cannot self resolve an issue with the disc- i think the rubber is melted or come off. the only problem i failed at trying to open the 3-disc component. they seemed to be quite logged together with the electric (child) board and i could not disassemble the disc compartments. Anyway, could you perhaps help advise if i could sell the parts somehow as i'm sure they are in working order.?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No I am sorry the parts and everything are not worth anything Sorry Anthony