nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Is my problem the Samsung version of un-updateable pple

Is my problem the Samsung version of un-updateable pple software and kit?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill. Welcome to justanswer.Please elaborate your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be able to access preloaded Google apps I must update Google Play services which is not possible. Youtry clicking on Photos app andsee what you get. My problem is now a day of frustration old.
I read your other posts. I guess you are asking for your tab's problem.Try deleting the account which is set up with your tab and then again put it.For that, go to Settings- Account. Delete your gmail account and then switch it off and on. Now put the details your gmail account.
Also go to Settings- About tab. Check if there is any update available for your tab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have auto update and a confirmation that all is updated.
There is some software issue on your tab. You will need to do a Factory reset first. If this doesn't solve then Hard reset.Back up your data and reply when you are ready. I will guide you through the process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Google is "sync disabled" now. Could it be that. If so how to fix it? You may have gathered that I am computer illiterate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Google account is"etc"
Go to Settings- Accounts- Click on your google account. You will see options like Sync now for various options like contacts, calendars etc. Try this but this doesn't seem to be the cause of the issue.
When you go to Account and Sync, you will see an option for ADD ACCOUNT. Click it and select google. Click sign-in if you already have an email account on gmail and enter your details. If you do not have a gmail account then click Create an account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No option like that. Two other accounts are also "sync disabled"with no option to restore.
When you click Accounts. What options are visible to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan, I checked on internet last night and found zillions of upset Samsung owners and lots of proposals to fix things. Some of them I tried and none worked. Regret to say yours don't either. The two local guys had my tablet in their hands and didn't crack it either. I'm going back to the supplier ( BT) and complain that my model is Not fit for purpose. Thanks for your efforts. Would you pass this response on to whoever as my desire to resign from Just Answer immediately and to sever all contact. Confirmation required.
NOT YOUR FAULT. ADIOS . BILL ROBB.
You could try Factory reset but if you don't want to continue I will forward your request.Do you want refund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan. Factory reset may be one way but I would prefer BT technicians to take over. I can still use my smart phone to communicate even though it's a Samsung. A refund of 50% would satisfy me and show some appreciation of your efforts and patience.
Byenow, Bill.
I have forwarded the request for your other question and for this one if you want to rate my service positively then you may rate it otherwise I will put refund request for this question also. Reply accordingly. Have a good day Bill.
You need to click on the stars to rate (3 or more) for rating.
Bill if you don't want to rate then reply with the same. This question will only be closed once you rate it. Thanks.Regards Nathan.
Hi Bill, is there anything else I can help you with. You have not made any response for the previous posts.
Thanks for the ratings, Bill.