Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have purchased a Bosch ceramic Hob PKE6...17. and would

I have purchased a Bosch ceramic Hob PKE6...17. and would like to know how to connect to my electricity supply. Behind a white plastic plate under the hob are 5 unmarked terminals 4and 5 are joined The earth point is an obvious separate terminal. Etched into the base are three wiring diagrams marked 1N 2N and 3N Can you help please?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
You should have received three jumpers (U shaped copper pieces of metal) with the installation kit, can you confirm that first?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no jumpers included in packaging
OK the way that they are connected is as follows, you link terminals 1, 2 & 3 together and connect the live cable to this. You then connect terminals 4 & 5 together and this is you neutral cable connection. Earth is as mentioned - the unit is designed to be used with single phase, twin phase or three phase depending upon how you set the jumpers. In the UK single phase is connected as I have listed above.Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Do come back to me if you need further help. thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian